Thursday 23 June 2011

Rotary Young Chef Competition

At the end of last year i entered a cooking competition called Rotary Young Chef Competition, In the First round i competed against others from my School and we all had to enter our recipes and the best ones got chosen out of 12 entrees Myself and 3 Others got chosen. We then had to Cook a 2 course meal for 2 people in 2.5hours, I cooked Butternut Squash Risotto and Cheesecake Tart. I won against the others from my school but they all turned out delicious food!
So I went through to the North Finals against 2 other girls, One of whom was ill so could not attend so i was just against one girl, She had entered a few times before so walked in very confident. The Newspaper interviewer arrived and asked us questions as we cooked. I cooked vegetable cobbler and Creme Brulee. A local chef judged, but right from the beginning when the other contestant walked in i already knew i had lost but i gained a lot from it and i will enter again next year!


2 comments: